Garden Heaters I'm Growing Lotus Plants In My Garden. Will They Remain In Hibernation When I Bring Them Indoors For Winter?

I'm growing lotus plants in my garden. Will they remain in hibernation when I bring them indoors for winter? - garden heaters

Currently I have several of the lotus plant more than 20 gal tubs with water in my backyard. Last year, eight of them in my unheated garage for the winter months here in Michigan. Unfortunately, we had a cold spell that lasted about 3 weeks and all the lotus plants froze - except two. It is not possible in our workshop, or running 100-watt heater in the bathroom to eight heat. Also this winter I have the intention of the lotus plant, which do not fit into the bottom of my pond in our heated terrace, right next to the kitchen. My question is: are the lotus flower in a state of hibernation during the long period of time indoors at a temperature of 68-70 degrees, or even have to go into hibernation? Lotus plants in the Philippines or Thailand, for example, enters a phase of hibernation ... or not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment